Its Tuesday so everyone needs to go random up at the UnMom’s… do it, you know you want to. In trying to stick with the theme of my blog for this month, I present you with Random Thankfulness – It’s the little things that make me smile (most of it pertains to The Man) and I am so thankful for that.
I am thankful for the way my husband folds and organizes my “unmentionables.” He has a method to his madness and it really boggles my mind but I love that my “stuff” is folded neatly and placed on the bathroom counter.
Last night when looking for the quilted hot mats I asked The Man where they were because they weren’t where I normally put them. He said they are right where they belong, place nicely on top of the nicely folded hand towels in the kitchen drawer. He puts so much thought into this stuff. It’s cute.
The other day I noticed that The Man had stripped the bed, washed the sheets, and placed new sheets on the bed. The sheets he chose were ones that I am not a big fan of. So I asked him why he chose those and he explained that he cycles our sheets. Genius idea…He thinks of stuff that never ever crosses my mind.
(are you noticing a trend with The Man?)
Have I mentioned that I am thankful for my bread machine? Another successful round of breadmaking for me! This time it was a very large loaf of white bread… Mmmmm Good! I might end up weighing 700lbs but at least I’ll have good bread and a man who loves me no matter what…lol
My radio station has started playing Christmas music. When I started my car yesterday and Silent Night was playing, it made me smile and feel warm inside. I love this time of year.
Hockey game tonight! I might complain about it sometimes but I always look forward to dinner at Hooters and a good hockey game with The Man. I am thankful for a night off from thinking about work, school, work, school…
I am reading Intuitive Eating. Good book, great points, and I am excited for this new way of thinking. However, I’m at the stage where losing the diet mentality and eating when my body tells me I should scares the living hell out of me. What if my body says “Go eat McDonalds every day”? Then what?
So um yeah, glad I could share some of that with y’all… Now go visit Keely and give us some of your own randomness.
Love,

It sort of baffles me that your husband folds your underwear. Mine stares, glassy-eyed at a basket of clothes and would probably rather stab himself in the eye before putting them away!
ReplyDeleteLOL... most men are like that. I got lucky with my husband. He insists on doing laundry, he cleans, does dishes... I am reminded every day as to how lucky I am :)
ReplyDeleteHow sweet of the Man to fold your laundry. Nice! You should definitely keep him!
ReplyDeleteMy intuitive eating tells me to eat cupcakes almost daily.
Can you clone The Man? Because mine will literally STEP OVER bags of garbage to get in the door rather than take them to the bin. Just as an example.
ReplyDeleteKeely - I could clone him but he still has those annoying male qualities such as leaving the toilet seat up and hogging the tv, especially during hockey season..lol. Ive learned to pick my battles :)
ReplyDeleteGina - Can your intuitive eating share some cupcakes with my intuitive eating? Mmm, I love cupcakes! lol
I'm totally diggin The Man. He's giving the other "The Man" an even worse rep by sticking it to him even more. I'm not sure I made any sense there. I'm on narcotics.
ReplyDeleteJulie - You're funny and you totally made sense! :) Thanks for reading my blog!!
ReplyDelete