Thursday, November 18, 2010

Something To Do...

I’m having somewhat of a writer’s block and really I just feel like posting randomness.

I’ve been slacking on my 30 Days of Being Thankful. I am thankful for so much but I’m finding it’s really the same ol’ stuff, just said differently.

Don’t you hate it when you have to repeat yourself, especially when you’re too tired to get the words out?

Some people are all about beating the dead horse repeatedly. I say pull up your big girl/boy panties and get over it. Move on.

I mentioned before that I am reading Intuitive Eating. It’s an awesome book with a lot of great points. It is amazing what you realize when you are consciously paying attention to your thoughts, perceptions, and observations. So far I’ve noticed how much I compare myself to others in eating, body shape, and attitude. This book is all about non-dieting and being comfortable in your own skin. It is about getting back in tune with your body and recognizing when you’re hungry and why you are eating. It’s about not depriving yourself of things you enjoy, making conscious choices and not feeling guilty. There has only been one “diet” I have ever followed and that is Weight Watchers, which isn’t really considered dieting because you can still eat what you want. It’s changing the way you eat and making healthier food decisions. BUT there is still a points system and nothing feels worse than going over your points or depriving yourself of a big fat burger because it will blow that days point counting to smithereens. I know some people need structure/rules/guidelines etc. and I am definitely one of those people BUT I am also really good at breaking rules and feeling guilty about it. Guilt sucks. Being overweight sucks. I am hoping this book will change that. (I am not endorsing this book for any other reason than I absolutely love it).

Is it 5pm yet because I could really use a glass of wine.

Hockey tonight! It is the second of the three games this week. I’m excited.

Where is Random Tuesday Thoughts when you need it? I can’t come up with stuff this random on Tuesdays if my life depended on it but here it is Thursday and I am all random.

Random makes me happy. Fridays make me happy. Friday is tomorrow.

Omg. It was 3:15pm and I got distracted by blogs and emails and stuff. I totally thought I killed at least 30 minutes. Nope. Its only 3:17pm. Ugh.

Working.All.Day.Saturday. Then hockey.

I am thinking of making a Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding for Thanksgiving. Anyone ever make bread pudding and have a “to die for” recipe that I can use and change up to make my own but give you partial credit for?

I am thinking of starting a food blog. However, I suck at taking pictures. The Man could be my awesome photographer but half the time he isn’t around when I am making my culinary masterpieces. I am also really bad about measuring and tracking my ingredients. Hmm… and really bad about remembering to take pictures of said culinary masterpieces.

I am beginning to think that I should save some of this randomness for next Tuesday when Random Tuesday Thoughts rolls around again. Ugh, I can’t even bear to think of this week being over and another one beginning. Of course I would be that much closer to Thanksgiving, which is up there in my all time fav holidays.

Is it bad that I am excited for Sunday because I don’t have RCIA on Sunday morning and I can sleep in? Of course I should go to Church anyways…. But I really want to sleep in.

My Intuitive Eating says I need ice cream right now. However that would mean I am eating out of boredom because my tummy isn’t even remotely near being hungry. See? The book works. Actually, I am just too lazy to go get it.

3 more weeks and school is done for me. That was a fun 2 years of taking random classes with nothing to show for it. At least it wasn’t my money unlike my fun 4 years of $27,000 a year at Syracuse. I heart student loans.

The Man has taken up collecting beer cans to cash in for money. Texas isnt one of those cool states where you can cash in your can for $.05. I tried telling the man that a case (24pk) of Miller Lite is roughly $18. His return would only be $1.20. So why not stop drinking beer? Afterall he is spending more than he is making in returns. He laughed. Hell, I figure its a good thing. It gives him something to do in between laundry, dishes, cleaning etc.. LOL.


It appears I have written a random novel. Good times….


Love,



2 comments:

  1. HI there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop!!! LOVELY blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    Take a peek at my giveaways when you stop by. I've got 4 amazing handmade ones going on now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

    ReplyDelete