I haven’t felt much like blogging lately. I’ve struggled with what I want to discuss, what I can discuss, and what really matters. Needless to say, I just wish some people would grow up.
Moving on…In building my Lia Sophia business I am going to try sending out postcard invitations to my hostess parties. This was recommended to me this morning by my advisor. I personally think it is a great idea. However, a thought crossed my mind. Why did we ever get away from mailing our invitations for any sort of event? Even when I was planning our wedding, the thought crossed my mind to just send E-vites. Hell, why not? It’s faster, more efficient and certainly cheaper. People can RSVP in an instant and move on with their day. Whatever saves us time saves us money, right? But there is something so classy and so much more personal about a handwritten, mailed invitation. It says, “Hey, I want you to come to my special event.” So I am going to give it a whirl. There is something to be said about the tried and true old fashioned way of doing things, right
I have decided that I am going to make Chicken and Black Bean stuffed peppers for dinner tonight. It will be this recipe that I found from Gina’s Skinny Recipes but since I don’t have white beans, I am substituting the black beans instead. I might add a little taco seasoning flavor too but they certainly look yummy and are definitely healthy!
The Man and I are very excited for the weekend. We have some great friends that are coming in from Massachusetts to go to a Cowboys game on Monday night. We have plans to meet up with them on Saturday night. We only get to see them once a year and last year at this time, they were newly engaged and the Man and I weren’t even engaged yet! Now we are both married! Crazy! It will definitely be a nice evening with good company!
OH and in bigger news, once I am done with my classes I am going to attempt to accomplish the Couch to 5K program! A friend recently challenged me to participate with her in the Susan G Komen 5K next October. So I am going to try to learn how to run and like it. The first challenge will be the MS Walk/Run in March. I can’t wait! I am excited for this new challenge and will hopefully use this blog to track my progress! Have you or do you know anyone who has tried the Couch to 5K program? I am curious as to how it has worked for others and how others have tweaked it to fit their style.
OH and GO Rangers!! (I will and always will be a Red Sox fan BUT its very exciting times here in the Dallas area!)
I hear lots of good things about the C25K program, but never tried it. I'm the kind of person that just jumps right into a 5K without training... then wonders why it took five hours to complete, ha.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I totally advocate e-vites, but you're right- there's something special about a handwritten invitation!