I had mentioned yesterday that I was going to make Chicken and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers for dinner last night. Well… I made them and oh were they yummy!!! I did stray quite a bit from the original recipe that I was going to follow so I decided to post my recipe here! Of course I don’t have a picture… BUT they were so good, seconds were in order! This dish will definitely pop up on our menu on a more regular basis!!
Chicken & Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 large chicken breast, diced
¼ yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon diced garlic
1 16oz can diced tomatoes (you could use Ro-tel but I didn’t)
1 16oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup diced green bell pepper (I used the tops of the bell peppers)
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Chipotle Southwest seasoning (or you could use taco seasoning or even crushed red pepper to give it some heat)
3 large green bell peppers (any color will do), tops removed and cleaned out.
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Fat free sour cream
Salsa
Drizzle EVOO into a medium size pan and heat. Combine chicken, onion, garlic, & bell pepper and sauté on medium heat. Cook until chicken is no longer pink on the inside. Add diced tomatoes, black beans, and season with Mrs. Dash seasoning. Stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350. Halve the 3 large bell peppers and place in baking dish. Spoon the chicken and black bean mixture into the bell pepper halves. Pour enough water into baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish. Tightly seal dish with foil. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and sprinkle shredded Monterey jack cheese on top of each bell pepper. Return to oven, uncovered and continue to bake until cheese is melted (about five minutes). Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Enjoy!!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment