Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day - Fall is Here!!

Labor Day has come and gone, which means Fall should be right around the corner. Fall is one of my favorite seasons and since moving to Texas, I definitely miss the true fall foliage and weather that comes from living in the Northeast. Growing up in Meredith, NH, Fall meant a relief from the summer tourists and the beginning of Indian Summer. It meant an excitement for Columbus Day Weekend because Sandwich Fair would be open, which means fried dough, soup in a bread bowl, and carnival rides. We always looked forward to Apple Picking, drinking fresh Apple Cider, and pumpkin picking. Fall in New England always brings back fun, family memories.


When I lived in Chicopee, MA, one of the places that I loved to visit was the Bridge of Flowers, located in Shelburne Falls, MA. The Bridge of Flowers was beautiful during both the Spring and Summer months because everything was in bloom. However, in the fall, I would take a short drive up to Shelburne Falls and buy a Hot Apple Cider then walk around and enjoy the small shops and the fall colors. The scenery was always beautiful and it was a peaceful way to spend an afternoon.


Fall is also the time when I drag out and dust off my Crockpot, start decorating with oranges, reds, and yellows and crave anything pumpkin, cinnamon, or apple. In celebration of fall and the relief from 100+ degree heat, I made some yummy pumpkin spice muffins on Friday. They were a huge hit in my home and I plan on making more this week just so I can finish up the leftover Buttermilk. The only thing I did different with this recipe was instead of making a cake, I made muffins and I did not frost them. The cooking time changed a bit too.


It might be time to whip up some of my award winning Chili. Yes, it really is award winning. I won first place in the Chili Cook-off at the Prosper United Methodist Church last year! I’ll definitely share that recipe when I make it! Since I’m not a fan of measuring, I’ll have to take good care in writing down all of the ingredients and their measurements. It is absolutely delicious, if I do say so myself!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day Weekend. Cheers to Fall!!

Love,


1 comment:

  1. I would love to visit NH during the Fall! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete