Thursday, April 14, 2011

Whats for dinner??

Lately Ive been pretty big on pulling random items from the pantry and creating something yummy.  As a last minute idea for dinner, I decided to make two small pizzas.  The first pizza I made (pictured right) is a pesto, mushroom, and tomato pizza.  I coated the bottom of the homemade dough (I heart you Breadmaker) with Pesto and then layered one thinly sliced roma tomato with a small can of sliced mushrooms.  I added some parmesean cheese and covered the top with a light sprinkling of Mozzarella cheese.


For the second pizza I decided to make a BBQ Chicken and Onion  pizza (pictured left).  I started by spreading some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce  on the homemade pizza dough (praise the Breadmaker).  I then drained a can of chunk Chicken breast and layered it on top of the sauce.  Meanwhile I sauteed some sliced yellow onion in a pan and gave it a yummy balsamic reduction.  I covered the top of the chicken with the onion and then finished it off with a healthy dose of shredded Mozzarella cheese. 

Cant wait for The Man to get home from work so I can pop these babies in the oven and enjoy!
Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment