Friday, April 29, 2011

I Love A Day Off

In lieu of my birthday, I decided to take today off.  While it would have been ideal to take my actual birthday off, I would've missed out on some fun birthday events AND its no fun taking a day off in the middle of a week. 

I started my day off sleeping in with my wonderful husband.  We hardly ever get to do this, so when we have the chance, we take advantage of it!  It was so nice to sleep in and just enjoy waking up slowly.

I did sleep through the Royal Wedding.  Getting up at 4am to watch the much talked about festivities on my only day off just didn't sound enticing.  I did watch it this afternoon and surprisingly, I got a bit choked up.  I wish nothing but the best for Will & Kate.  I do have to add that 3 months from TODAY I will be marrying my husband (again) in an absolutely gorgeous church in Mexico.  So I too get to be a Princess :)  Here is a snapshot or two of the inside of the Church where we will be married in 90 days!




I decided to pamper myself today.  I had scheduled both a nail and a hair appointment.  While I do get my nails done every 4 weeks, I hadnt had my hair cut in over a year!  So I went armed with a picture and my new hairdresser did not disappoint.  I will be going back to her for some color and highlights!!





After my appointments I did a little shopping at Market Street where I bought my lunch and all the fixins for a yummy dinner.  I then planted my butt on the couch to watch the Royal Wedding and enjoy the beautiful weather we are having.  There is such a nice breeze coming in the windows.  I love days like these!!

My veggies/herbs/flowers are growing nicely!!  We did have to repot my tomato plant again.  The strong winds that accompanied the horrible storms we had last week, knocked down my tomato plant and shattered the original pot that we had planted it in.  But it survived!!  Check em out...




A certain Crazy Moco got himself in trouble this morning.  The Man found Moco in the corner of the yard, digging away.  We "fenced" off the corner with wire fence and sprinkled cayenne pepper in the digging area, hoping it would deter him.  Wishful thinking... I found him this afternoon trying to go around the fence.  Come to find out his favorite ball had found its way to the other side of the yard fence.  Moco and I rescued his ball and I had a happy puppy again... until he decided to repeatedly get his ball on the other side of the wire fence and try to dig for it again.  Needless to say, Crazy Moco is in a time out.


Well folks, Im off to make dinner.  Ribs and Macaroni Salad are on the menu tonight!  There may be a glass bottle of wine in my near future too!  Happy Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment