Monday, January 17, 2011

This Weekend in Review...

This weekend… I don’t know where to even start. My weekend was filled with highs and lows, happy moments and incredibly sad moments. My emotions changed course too many times to count. Last week was a pretty stressful week for me. I felt pulled in a hundred different directions and drama certainly played a pretty big role. I hate drama, especially unnecessary, childish, high school drama. But I won’t go too far into details about that. It’s over. It’s done. I’m moving on.

My Friday work day ended with me on a potential lia Sophia sales high. I had worked so hard to reach my goal and at EOWD (end of work day) I was $111 short. Luckily I was able to extend my deadline by another day but I was so ready to reach my goal, I could taste the sweet success but had the fear of just not getting there. I had to decide that what will be, will be.

But then I received the most devastating call from my mom. My Sweet Buddy, aka Bud Bud, Buzzy, Bubby Dogs, was being taken to the emergency vet to be put to sleep and while we were on the phone crying, he passed away in my brothers arms. We knew this moment was inevitable. Its life. It happens. We just never thought it would be so soon. I remember when I came home from work on the Friday of Memorial Weekend, 1998. I was so excited because a girl had come into work with two puppies who she needed to find a good home for. I begged my dad to let me bring him home, enticing him with promises that I would pay for everything, even though I was a broke sophomore in College and only home for summer break. My dad agreed just as he and my mom were walking out the door to go away for the weekend. Buddy was delivered to us on Saturday. My sweet Buddy was the best puppy dog any girl, any family could ever have. He was so loving and so sweet. It didn’t matter how long I was gone for but every time I pulled into the driveway, he would come running out, all wiggles and squeals, filled with kisses and love. He would follow me around and beg for cookies. He would sleep with me for part of the night, his back warm against mine. He was our protector and friend, my confident and most of all a most cherished member of our family. At almost 13 years old, my sweet friend Buddy has passed on to doggy heaven. I will miss his sweet face and his doggy kisses. His passing has left a big hole in our family. He will be missed terribly.

Saturday was a pretty rough day for me. I had to work and of course my eyes and face were swollen from crying all night. But I had so much to do Saturday and we had a hockey game Saturday night.

As of Saturday night, with the help of my very dear friends and family, I reached my lia Sophia goal! I can’t begin to thank everyone enough for all of their love, their support, AND their love for lia Sophia jewelry. Without the help of my friends local and far, and the support of my lia Sophia team, I never would have made it this far. I just can’t say Thank You enough. It truly means the world to me!!

And then Sunday came.. not without some tears for Buddy but definitely with some excitement for the Patriots game. The Man and I slept in and casually got up to enjoy some French toast and Poinsettias (Champagne and Cranberry Juice). The Man had a most genius idea (which happens from time to time) for us to find a Patriots Fan Bar in our area. So we ventured out to
McSwiggans where the place was a sea of Reds, Blues, and Whites and jam packed with ONLY Patriot fans. I was in heaven and the place definitely felt like home with the New England accents and the love for everything Boston… Unfortunately, our Pats lost, ending a pretty awesome season but fortunately, we were all there to console each other! I wish I had pictures but know this; we will be going back there!!

That just about wraps up my weekend.. Highs and lows but that’s life, I suppose.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment