Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts - Can someone just lock me in a padded cell now?

randomtuesday


I’m on the proverbial hamster wheel and I am about to throw myself off. It might not be pretty either. Have you ever been to the point where you just.cant.take.it.anymore? I feel like more and more is added to my plate every day. If I don’t do it, it won’t get done.

I feel like I have no time for me. I would really like to have a day when everything was based on my schedule and my schedule based around everyone else’s. Is that even possible? Am I being selfish to want to go do what I want to do without feeling obligated to make someone else’s chore a priority? I don’t even have kids yet and I feel pulled in a hundred different directions.

A very dear friend of mine and her husband are going through a tough time. Prayers are needed. I shouldn’t even be whining about my crap when I know there are others in the world that are sad/frustrated/angry over much more serious injustices.

Things I wanted to get done this week but clearly won’t happen… Christmas decorating, Christmas Cards, 2hr massage, relaxing. I give up. It’s inevitable. I am doomed to be busy and not enjoy the little things for the rest of my existence.

Can you tell I’m rather bitchy today? I didn’t sleep long enough. I woke up at 4am to a certain someone (who shall remain nameless) laying next to me using his phone as a flashlight. The conversation went something like this:


Annoyed Wife: “What are you doing?”
Concentrating Husband: “Can’t you hear them? I’m surprised they didn’t wake you up.”
Even More Annoyed Wife: “Hear what? I can’t hear anything.”
Concentrating husband: “The mice. They have been scurrying around behind the wall for at least an hour. I’ve been listening to them.”
Speechless Wife: “Really? SO where does lying in bed using your phone as a flashlight come into all of this?” Rolls over and goes back to sleep.

I just have no patience today.

I guess I should wrap this gloomy blog up on a good note. A really nice commission check from lia Sophia will be entering my checking account on Monday. I rock. Maybe I’ll do something real special for myself like pay a bill or put it into savings.

**I just posted this blog and realized that I didnt give credit where credit is due.. go mosey on over to the UnMom and check out her random ramblings.

Love,

3 comments:

  1. I have a friend who recently told me about an issue she and her husband were having and I was in the same boat. They're friends of both me and my hubby and when he and I talked about it, we both realized how lucky we are and kid of shut up about our minor quibbles. Hope your friend ends up OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didnt mean they were having issues as a married couple but I see how it can be interpreted that way. Its a personal matter for them as a family so I dont want to share but thank u for sharing yours. You are right. Sometimes we let those little things get in the way.
    Thank u for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when I don't get enough sleep!! I get so grumpy!!

    I hope things get better for your friends.

    I hope you get everything done you need to get done and still have time to relax and get some sleep! :)

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete