Social Media & Relationships
I know I just started this blog and haven’t posted anything since my introduction but I have to get something out there into the world. Then I promise I will move on to much happier things like weddings, cooking, and positive thoughts. I am so absolutely frustrated with people who choose to put their personal conflicts/relationship issues out there into the vast world of the WWW, via Facebook. Your social network does not need to know that you are mad and why you are mad at your boyfriend/girlfriend, your husband/wife cheated on you, or you think your best friend is an a**. That is some personal information that you are choosing to let everyone know about and while the person you may be mad at disrespected you, you are only making it worse by airing your personal life to the world.
I think we all look to Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter (anything that has the availability to post a status update or shout your thoughts & adventures to the world) to be our support system. Hell, most people have a couple hundred friends on their profile so why not, right? But these “friends” can only add fuel to the growing fire between you and whomever you have your beef with. Once you have allowed your social network to be a part of the issues that you have between you and your significant other, you have now started to breakdown the communication between the two of you.
If you need to share something personal, do so with a close friend or family member. But for the greater good of your relationship, take it offline and keep it between you and your significant other.
Love,
Mins, I couldn't agree more. I know someone who had her husband cheat on her and it was all over her Facebook and was just a bunch of people then talking crap about that person. Some of them probably didn't even know him to talk smack about him. Cheating is a horrible thing but you have to have a buffer! The other thing that drives me nuts..there is a pregnant girl I know who posts the info from like Babycenter each week or her pregnancy. I am happy to hear about the details you may know of your child, but I don't want to read weekly about what a typical baby is doing development wise. Done ranting :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kates! People need to stop and consider their actions and what can result from posting all of that personal info on FB... Its really nobodys business.
ReplyDelete