LOVE snow/ice days. I always dream of the occasional snow day when I can sleep in, relax on the couch with a good book, and take the day one minute at a time. Alas that day has come. However instead of relaxing, I find myself doing dishes, organizing, and cleaning. WTF?
My dog is crazy. However, it is pretty entertaining to watch him chase snowflakes outside. I only wish I had that much energy.

I have no doubt gained a bajillion pounds this past week. I haven’t been able to stay away from the cookies, the bread, the fried items, or the chocolate covered strawberries. Why is it every time that I manage to lose 10lbs, I try to sabotage it? I’m back on track today and WW weigh in is tomorrow. Let’s see how that works out for me.
There is absolutely nothing good on daytime television.
If it wasn’t 17 degrees outside with a wind chill of below zero, I would consider taking Loco Moco for a walk. However, I am just not in the mood to freeze my tookus off. My neighbor mentioned going to Bostons to drink our faces off. However, I have no idea how we would get there given that all the roads from point A to point B are ice rinks.
Speaking of ice rinks… there is a Dallas Stars hockey game tonight. Normally I would be pretty excited however; walking to an indoor ice rink in an outdoor ice rink just doesn’t excite me. I could only wonder why, never mind the fact that the WIND CHILL IS BELOW ZERO. Did I mention that already.
I live in Texas. Texas weather should NOT be like this. I can complain. My peeps back home in the Northeast can NOT complain. You live in the Northeast. The weather is supposed to snow, sleet, and be cold between the months of November and May. It’s really no surprise. So stop acting shocked every time the weather man tells you it’s going to snow or that it’s going to be cold. I would trade places with you any day, provided that I could bring my husband. Now when the weather patterns get so effed up that it snows in the summer or when its 60 degrees in the morning and 17 degrees by nighttime, you can complain. K? Thanks.
Tell me WHY dogs insist on farting while chewing their rawhide? OMG… my eyes are watering it’s so bad.

I just cleaned Turtles tank. She thanks me!

I should probably shower but I lack the energy to do so. I’ll do that if and when I ever finish my random blog.
The Man and I have decided to leave our Christmas tree up all year. It’s too pretty and we really enjoy the ambiance in the evening. Is there anything wrong with that?
I really think I was meant to be an at home mom for Moco and Turtle. Maybe I’ll present the idea to The Man tonight… see what he thinks about that. I mean, it’s only for their well-being and really, think of all I could get done. It will only prepare me for when we have kids, right? Right?...hmmph.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about people who I used to be friends with and am no longer in contact with. There is a part of me that wants to contact them individually and be all, WTF happened? How could we be friends for so long and then we suddenly fall of the face of the earth from each other? It’s weird how that happens. Reason, season, lifetime, right? That’s what I keep telling myself, anyways.
Im really tired of Microsoft and their squiggly colored lines that pop up when my grammar is lacking. On that note, I think I may go shower. Im sure y’all will thank me.
Im leaving you with a picture of our backyard. Dont let it fool you. Its COLD out there, its SNOWING and its ICY.

Go check out Keely over at the UnMom. Maybe she will have a nice cup of hot cocoa waiting for you and a cozy spot by the fire to keep you warm on this blistery day. Or maybe not. That alone was pretty random.
Love,

I'm with you about the friend thing. I have so many people I have been friends with that we suddenly stop being friends it is so weird.
ReplyDeleteMindy, how do I love th(ee)is blog, let me count the ways!
ReplyDeleteOne of these days we'll have to have a real date (not a hockey date) and we can go over all of the legit reasons why we don't really talk to a lot of people anymore. I think we're in the same boat here.
Your dog is a doll.
Turtle and Turtle Turtle need to have babies.
If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 15 minutes. It will change.
...and yeah, our tree is still up, too.
:)
Miss you! See you sooner than later, I hope.